Welcome to the Cresselly Hunt (Previously the South Pembrokeshire) 

John Bartlett Allen formed the Cresselly Hunt in 1789. The present Master's Grandfather, Captain Hugh Allen, renamed the pack the South Pembrokeshire in 1928 .
Following many years confusion with our good neighbours, the Pembrokeshire Hunt, we have decided to revert to our original name.

Pembrokeshire is the westernmost peninsular of South Wales. The southern part of the county which forms the Hunt Country is bounded by the sea on the south and west, by the deep inlet of Milford Haven and by the A40 on the north, and on the east just beyond the county boundary with Carmarthenshire .

The country consists mainly of small grassland pastures and woodland. Dairy and sheep farmers and smallholdingsmake up the rural scene, punctuated by deep wooded valleys. The southern part of the County of Pembroke was colonised by the Normans and Flemings at the expense of the native Welsh and the area became known as 'Little England beyond Wales' and continues to be an English speaking area to this day.